Stroke in Asia
The Lancet Asia Medical Forum brought together regional and international experts from the stroke community to address this public-health emergency and contribute towards reducing the burden of stroke. Discussion focussed on the epidemiology; primary and secondary prevention; diagnosis; and acute treatment of stroke in Asia. An overview also gave the progress of clinical research in this region and the coordination of effective stroke services.
Articles from the Conference
- Asia Medical Forum, first in China - PDF 173Kb
- Cost-effective interventions needed for global stroke prevention - PDF - 228Kb
- A long way to go for stroke in Asia - PDF - 75Kb
- Salt consumption and cardiovascular disease - PDF - 74Kb
- Comprehensive interventions essential for fighting the stroke epidemic - PDF - 73Kb